Google+

Friday 1 February 2013

If My People Who Are Called By My Name - Dr Dwight Nelson

Have you ever felt that your prayers don't go beyond the ceiling? If that is the case then this video sermon by Dr Dwight Nelson of Andrews University's Pioneer Memorial Church is definitely for you. The sermon is based on 2 chronicles 7:14 - if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

In 2 chronicles 7:14 God spells out the conditions under which the prayer of the Israelis would be answered to avert the consequences of their sins. This was in response to King Solomon's prayer during the dedication of the newly built Temple in Jerusalem. In the prayer Solomon requested God to respond to the prayers of His people when they called to Him in the newly dedicated temple. The principles God presented in this dream are however universal to all prayers. If our prayers are to be answered we need to heed the conditions presented in this verse. The sermon below will expound on the various phrases presented in this 






No comments:

Post a Comment